Make an Impact
Ensure great specialized care for women of all ages
A woman deserves health care that is as extraordinary as she is
With help from donors like you, women of all ages can get specialized care tailored to their needs
As a woman goes through different stages in life, her health care needs change. And illnesses or medical conditions can affect women differently than men. With women's health centers in different parts of Cincinnati, Mercy Health depends on donor support to provide specialized services to help women stay healthy, get diagnosed and receive treatment.
Women's Health Services
Donations to Mercy Health Foundation's Women's Health Services fund make sure that women in the Queen City have access to the best health care possible, close to where they live or work.
When you give, your contribution is an investment in:
- The latest technology for mammograms and other medical equipment
- Specialized care for women's heart health
- Improved experience of labor and delivery at our three birthing centers
- Educational programs and events to learn about our doctors and connect with others
- Screenings to detect health issues early on
Give for Good Health
Help the women in your life get the care they need to be well
Women are busy, and it can be hard to make time for an annual mammogram. And for some women, it's lack of insurance or transportation that prevents them from getting a screening. That's why Mercy Health's mobile mammography van is a life-saving resource for the Tri-State area.
The mobile mammography van makes stops in neighborhoods across Cincinnati, where people can conveniently walk in or make an appointment. The latest 3D mammography technology helps detect cancer in its earliest stages, when most treatable. Patients can receive their results within 45 minutes and appointments can even conveniently be scheduled at a Kroger health clinic. Navigation services help patients schedule follow-up testing if needed.
Mercy Health depends on support from donors like you for ongoing costs such as van and equipment maintenance and stipends for uninsured patients or those who wouldn't otherwise be able to afford it.
Support Early Detection
Mobile mammography helps people have a fighting chance against breast cancer
Perinatal Outreach Program
As part of Mercy Health's Community Health initiatives, donations support perinatal outreach services that help ensure women and babies are healthy before, during and after birth. Cincinnati has one of the nation's highest infant mortality rates, especially among African Americans, with approximately 100 babies dying before their first birthday each year. And Black women are more than twice as likely to die from pregnancy or childbirth complications.
Mercy Health depends on donors like you to help women get the care they need for their own health and their baby's health. These are just a few services made possible by donations:
- Help for housing, food and employment opportunities
- Access to health insurance and healthcare services (obstetrician, mental health, dental, vision, primary care and pediatrician)
- Help finding transportation to medical appointments
- Diapers, wipes, pack ‘n plays and other baby care items
- Advice and support for healthy eating, tobacco cessation, breastfeeding, safe sleep practices, pregnancy spacing and more
Give for Healthy Babies
Ensure care and support that saves lives of moms and babies