Good news for donors!
Highest Charitable Gift Annuity rates in a decade pay you more
In the current uncertain economy, many donors have used Charitable Gift Annuities (CGA) to provide stable, guaranteed lifetime income. And, as a result of higher interest rates, opening a CGA now locks in higher CGA payout rates for life. Boost your income while continuing your support for the Bon Secours Mercy Health services you care about the most.
A Charitable Gift Annuity (CGA)
Single Life Suggested Maximum Gift Annuity Rates
Effective January 1, 2023 as recommended by American Council on Gift Annuities
- Age 60: 4.9% rate
- Age 65: 5.4% rate
- Age 70: 5.9% rate
- Age 75: 6.6% rate
- Age 80: 7.6% rate
- Age 85: 8.7% rate
- Age 90+: 9.7% rate
Request a free customized CGA illustration to see the payments and tax benefits you could receive.
Need to take a Required Minimum Distribution?
Using a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) to make a gift to the Foundation could be right for you
Many donors need to take a required minimum distribution (RMD) from their IRA no later than the end of each year. In a perfect world, most would prefer to avoid the taxes that will be incurred when taking the RMD. For those donors, a QCD is a powerful tool for your charitable giving. If you’re over 70.5 with an IRA:
- Give a QCD up to $100,000 and meet your RMD obligation
- Avoid income taxes related to your RMD
- Potentially reduce taxes owed on Social Security, as well as lower Medicare premiums
- Under 70.5? Recommend a QCD for your parents’ planning
Donating appreciated assets saves you more
Donating appreciated assets is a smart, tax-efficient way to give to the Foundation
In addition to a charitable deduction, you also avoid income and capital gains taxes on the gains.
- Donate appreciated stocks, bonds, mutual funds owned more than one year
- Make an outright gift today or use the assets to fund a CGA
- Get an immediate charitable income tax deduction
- Possibly avoid capital gains taxes